- RSS and Atom feeds: can be used to see the news or follow a website.
- To do list: track things you need to do.
- Quick Links: show links, with optional icons and subheadings.
- Top Sites: shows your most frequent websites.
- Daily Goals: enter a daily goal.
- Bookmarks: shows bookmarks from the bookmark toolbar.
- Greeting: be greeted based on the time of day.
- Quotes: shows a random quote, with categories.
- Clock: show the current time, choose between 12 and 24 hours.
- Notes: jot down notes in a freeform text area.
- Age: shows your current age with way too much precision.
- Search: a search bar, with support for changing the search engine.
- Web Comics: show the most recent panel from a web comic.
- Upcoming Space Flights
- and more: buttons, images, and iframes.
Drag and Drop Widgets
The core of Renewed Tab is the widget system. You can add, move, resize, and configure widgets on a grid using intuitive controls.
You can place the same type of widget multiple times, with different settings.
See a random curated background every 15 minutes, powered by Unsplash.
You can also choose a solid color, custom collections from Unsplash, or a custom background image.
Some widgets are Internet connected. For example, you can browse an RSS/Atom feed, see upcoming space launches, and check the weather.
Each widget has settings for behaviour and theming.
There are also global settings, allowing you to customise the theme, change language, or choose a background.
Free and Open Source
Anyone can read the code, modify it, and contribute to development.
Written using TypeScript and React.
Renewed Tab fully supports translations, allowing you to experience it in your own language.
Translations are community-maintained.
We require only minimal permissions; other permissions are optional and only requested when needed. All your data is stored in your browser, not on our servers.
Like what you see?